TB And Raspiratory Medicine
GOAL : A student after training must be able to : –
- Conducting proper clinical examination, elicit and interpret clinical findings and diagnose common respiratory disorders and emergencies.
- Perform simple, routine investigative procedures required for making bed side diagnosis, specially sputum collection, examination for etiological organism like AFB, interpretation of chest X-rays and respiratory function tests.
- Interpret and manage various blood gases and pH abnormalities in various respiratory diseases.
- Manage common diseases recognizing need for referral for specialized care in case of inappropriateness of therapeutic response.
- Perform common procedures like laryngoscopy, pleural aspiration, respiratory physiotherapy, laryngeal intubation and pneumo-thoracic drainage aspiration.