Main goal of ENT department is to treat the patients of common ENT problems, treat them surgically if required & restoring patients with hearing impairment with provisional of hearing aids.
- Understand the basic pathophysiology & management of common ENT diseases and emergencies.
- Appropriate & judicial use of commonly used drugs in ENT, keeping in mind their adverse reactions.
- Perform common investigative procedures and their interpretation.
- Examination & Diagnosis of common ENT problems including malignant & premalignant lesions of head & Neck.
- Manage ENT problems at level & prompt referral to the tertiary center when required.
- Perform minor surgical procedure like ear syringing, ear dressing, nasal packing, removal of foreign bodies from nose & ear.
- Assisting in procedure like endoscopies, tracheostomy.
- Departmental Facilities
- OPD services : The OPD runs daily from 9 am to 1 pm except Sundays & public holidays, Here in OPD all common ENT problems are promptly managed and minor procedures like ear syringing, Foreign body removal from ear & nose , Aural toilet
- Indoor patient care: All patient requiring surgical treatment admitted in wards & proper pre operative investigations & pre operative care provided by doctors & nursing staff
- Tympanoplasty for CSOM
- Septoplasty for DNS
- Tonsillectomy for chronic tonsillitis
- Reduction of nasal bone fractures
- Biopsy of suspicious malignancies
- Microscopic examination
- Ear suturing for split ear
- Thyroidectomises for diffuse thyroid swellings
1.About the Department
No. of Wards: 1
OPD hours: 9 to 1 & 3 to 5
Clinics: 1. Cancer clinic
- Rhinology clinic – Allergy
- Otology clinics — Tinnitus & Deafness, Vertigo
- Voice clinic
Name of the Faculty
Dr. Vishala Pandya
Dr. Hiren Soni
Dr. Nimisha Nimkar
- Original Article – Referred otalgia: Epidemiological profile; International journal of otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery
- Original Article – Role of stroboscopy in diagnosis of laryngeal disorder, International journal of otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery
- Original Article – Sialendoscopy: Our experience
- Original Article -Study of radiological findings in high resolution computed tomography (HRCT) temporal bone in squamous chronic otitis media (COM): A hospital based cross sectional study.
UG: Theory lectures and clinical posting according to MCI
PG: Case presentation, Journal club, Clinical meetings,
PG lecture, seminar
Timetable: UG according to college schedule
Morning posting: UG according to college schedule
Awards and achievements
- Under Dr Vishala Pandya one project of undergraduate student is accepted in ICMR for research.
- Dr Hiren Soni was invited as a guest speaker in Rajasthan state conference in 2018. He delivered talk on sialendoscopy.