Dermatology Skin & VD
GOAL : The aim of teaching the undereducated student in dermatology, S.T.D. and Leprology is to impart and skills that may enable him to diagnose and treat common ailments and to refer rare diseases or complications/unusual manifestations of common diseases, to the specialist.
A) KNOWLEDGE:- At the end of the course of Dermato-S.T.D. and Leprology, the student Shall be able to:
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of common diseases, their clinical manifestations, including emergent situations and of investigative procedures to confirm their diagnosis.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of various modes of therapy used in treatment of respiratory diseases.
- Describe the mode of action of commonly used drugs, their doses, side-effects/toxicity, indications and contra-indications and interactions;.
- Describe commonly used modes of management including the medical and surgical procedures available for the treatment of various diseases and to offer a comprehensive plan of management for a given disorder.
- Interview the patient, elicit relevant and correct information and describe the history in a chronological order.
- Conduct clinical examination, elicit and interpret physical findings and diagnose common disorders and emergencies;.
- Perform simple, routine investigative and office procedures required for making the bed-side diagnosis, especially the examination of scrapings for fungus, preparation of slit smears and staining for AFB for leprosy patients and for STD cases.
- Take a skin biopsy for diagnostic purposes.
- Manage common diseases recognizing the need for referral for specialized care, in case of inappropriateness of therapeutic response.
C) SERVICES OFFERED :
- Daily Examination of OPD Patients for Skin, STD & leprosy
- 10% KOH for fungal Infection
- Gram Stain
- Tzanck Smear for viral Infection & vesicobullous Lesion
- Radiofrequency cautery
- Skin biopsy
- Intralesional Injection
ABOUT TO START :
- Chemical Peeling, Lasers for acne , scars, hirsutism and facial rejuvenation.
- Subcision & Dermaroller for acne scar.
- Histology Laboratory- 1
- Library – 1
- Research Laboratory – 1
- Demonstration Room I & II
- Dissection Hall- 1
- Body Embalming Room-1
- Cadaver Room-2