Scientific Review Board
Scientific Review Board
All academic research studies conducted at GEMRS Medical College, Gotri, Vadodara will be processed through the SRB before processing through the Institutional Human Ethics Committee.
The next Scientific Review Board (SRB) Meeting will be held as per the following schedule.
Last date for submission of protocols to SRB
Meeting of SRB for review of protocols
01/10/2018 at 10.45 am at College Council Hall.
Constitution of SRB
|Patron||Dr. Varsha Godbole, Dean, GMERS Medical College, Gotri, Vadodara|
|Co-Patron||Medical Superintendent, GMERS Hospital, Gotri, Vadodara|
|Chairperson||Dr. Dipak Solanki, Professor & Head, Community Medicine Department (email@example.com)|
|Co-chairpersons||Dr. Manoj Saurabh, Professor & Head, Pharmacology Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dr. Chandresh Pandya, Associate Professor, Community Medicine Department (email@example.com)|
|Member Secretary||Dr. Paragkumar Chavda, Assistant Professor, Community Medicine Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) (email@example.com)|
|Jt. Member Secretary||Dr. Parvati Patel, Associate Professor, Pharmacology Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Invited Member IHEC||Dr. Anand Patel, Associate Professor, Respiratory Medicine Department (email@example.com)|
|Members||Dr. Bithika Duttaroy, Professor & Head, Microbiology Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dr. Vishala Pandya, Professor & Head, ENT Department (email@example.com) Dr. Neeta Bose, Associate Professor, Anesthesiology Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dr. Sejal Thakkar, Associate Professor, Dermatology Department (email@example.com) Dr. Neena Doshi, Associate Professor, Pathology Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dr. A. Lalithambigai, Assistant Professor, Biochemistry Department (email@example.com) Dr. Kedar Mehta, Assistant Professor, Community Medicine Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
- Henceforth, the academic research studies (including the PG dissertations and UG research projects) conducted at GMERS Medical College & Hospital Gotri, Vadodara will be first processed through the Scientific Review Board followed by processing through the Institutional Human Ethics Committee.
- The Scientific Review Board will focus only on the scientific quality of the protocols. The ethical aspects will be reviewed by the Institutional Human Ethics Committee.
- The dates of submission deadline and dates of review meetings will be available on the college website. The Scientific Review Board meeting will ordinarily be held before the corresponding Institutional Human Ethics Committee meeting. The following is the tentative schedule of SRB meetings. When required the SRB will convene a follow-up meeting in 10 days of the first meeting where revised protocols will be reviewed.
|SRB meeting||IHEC meeting|
|February – 1st week||1st Thursday of March|
|May – 1st week||1st Thursday of June|
|August – 1st week||1st Thursday of September|
|November – 1st week||1st Thursday of December|
- The research project investigator team will submit the following
- One hardcopy of the research protocol in prescribed format [Annexure A]to Chairperson, Scientific Review Board (Dr. Dipak Solanki, Professor & Head, Dept of Community Medicine, First Floor, College Building)
- Soft copy of the protocol with attachments, if any, to be sent to the members on their email ID including a copy to email@example.com[Annexure B – list of Scientific Review Board members with email IDs]
- The SRB encourages the investigators to submit the hardcopy of protocol printed back to back and not on single side of page to save paper. The text can in Times New Roman Font size 12 with line spacing 1.15 or 1.5.
- At the research protocol review committee meeting following is the guidelines for investigators
- The medium of presentation will be power-point(ppt).
- Ordinarily the principal investigator would presentthe study protocol on PPT before the Scientific Review Board. The Co-Investigators / Guides are also encouraged to remain present at the time when their protocol is being discussed during the meeting.
- The time allotted for each presentation would be ten minutes.
- Investigators are advised to keep the length of PPT reasonable so that the presentation can be completed in around 10 minutes. [Find in theAnnexure D rough guide on how to distribute the topics across the PPT slides] The additional materials such as intervention and evaluation protocol, questionnaires should be hyper-linked in the PPT and such additional material should also be forwarded through e-mail.
- Based on these comments the SRB will either issue an approval letter or issue a modification advice. In case of modification advice a follow up meeting will be held after 10 days of the first meeting.
- The research proposal approved by the scientific committee will then processed through the IHEC. A copy of the list of approved projects will be communicated to the Member Secretary IHEC.
- In case of academic clinical trials, mandatory registration with respective authorities (CTRI) is responsibility of investigators apart from permission from IHEC and SRB.
- A permission will be obtained by the investigator from head of organization from where the participants are going to be recruited for the concerned research study.
- The principal investigator will be responsible to send a softcopy of the published article to firstname.lastname@example.org publication of the research study processed through SRB for compilation of research publication data at college level.
- Project Title:
- Name & designation of Principal Investigator with Co investigators/Name PG student with guide (contact details) (whichever is applicable)
- Name of Department:
- Project Description:
- Objectives/ Research Question
- Primary objective
- Secondary objective/s
- Research design
- Study setting
- Subjects to study – inclusion/ exclusion criteria
- Sample size & Sampling method
- Data collection method
- Ethical issues
- Time line chart
- Data management & statistics & expected outcome
- Data collection Form/Tool
- Any Other necessary documents (to be attached)
- Title of the study,
- Name of the Investigator / Candidate, Name of the Co-Investigators / Guide & Co-Guide(s).
- Designation of principal investigator
Slide 2: Objectives of the study – primary / secondary (if any).
Slide 3 onwards: Methodology: Study Design / Study Setting / Study Population (inclusion/exclusion criteria) / Sample Size / Intervention & Evaluation plan / Outcome measures / Statistical analysis.