The Department Also Actively Involved In
- Be able to comprehend the normal disposition, inter-relationships, functional and applied anatomyof the various structures in the body including cross–sectional anatomy.
- Be able to identify the microscopic structureof various organs and correlate the structure with the functions as a prerequisite for understanding the altered state in various disease processes
- Be able to comprehend the basic structure and connections of the central nervous system to analyze the integrative and regulative functions of the organs & systems and he/she should be able to locate the site of gross lesions according to the deficits encountered.
- Know the basic principles and sequential development of the organs and systems, recognize the critical stages of development and the effects of common teratogens, genetic mutations and environmental hazards. He/She should be able to explain the developmental basis of variations and congenital anomalies.
- Understand the anatomical basis of some common clinical proceduresi.e., intramuscular and intravenous injection, lumbar puncture, liver, kidney and bone marrow biopsy, pleural, pericardial and peritoneal paracentesis
- Be able to comprehend the basic principles of different diagnostic procedures in radiology, normal plain and special X-rays of whole body and newer imaging techniques
At the end of the course the student should be able to:
- body and mark the topography of important organs.
- Identify the tissues and organs under the light microscope.
- Identify normal anatomical structures, organs and viscera in radiographs, Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan, MRI etc. and correlate with the cross sections of the body.
- Locate ideal sites of intramuscular and intravenous injection, lumbar puncture, bone marrow, kidney and liver biopsy, pleural, pericardial & peritoneal tapping.
- Localise important pulsation and the structures against which pressure can be applied in case of bleeding from a particular artery.
- Demonstrate muscle testing and movements at joints.
- Locate the site for emergency tracheostomy
- Interpret common genetic abnormalities in karyotypes.
From the integrated teaching of other basic sciences, student should be able to comprehend the regulation and integration of the functions of the organs and systems in the body and thus interpret the anatomical basis of disease process.
Scope of training
Basic fundamentals of human gross, microscopic, developmental and radiological anatomy are covered in this course. Special emphasis is laid on its correlation with functional and applied aspects.
- Dissection of cadaver is done by a group of students under the supervision of teacher so that they get accustomed to the structure of the human body .The dissection is preceeded by lectures/ demonstrations and followed by tutorial and seminars on selected topics by the students.
- Histology: A lecture is followed by practical .The students are shown demonstration microscopic slides and provided individually with slides to study under the light microscope. They maintain a workbook, which is checked by the teachers.
- Embryology: Lectures and demonstration of models at different developmental stages are taken.Self-learning is encouraged. The students’ progress is evaluated at regular intervals and internal assessment is calculated separately for theory and practicals.
|SR. NO||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION||MOBILE NO||EMAIL ID|
|01||Dr. Ojaswini Malukar||Professor & HODfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|02||Dr. Anil Bathija||Associate Professor||9427368402||Dranil_00@rediffmail.com|
|03||Dr. Nita Tanna||Associate Professor||6353695046 email@example.com|
|04||Dr. Ajay Rathava||Assistant Professor||7567963829||Drajayrathva81@yahoo.com|
|05||Dr. Kalindi Shah||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|06||Dr. Jigna Parmar||Tutoremail@example.com|
1. Diaphysial Nutrient Foramina in Long bones and Miniature long bones ,National Journal of Integrated medical research, Dr.Ojaswini Malukar, Dr.Hemang joshi, Vol 2(2),2011 ,April-June, 23-26
2. A study of 100 cases of Brachial Plexus, National Journal of Community Medicine, Dr.Ojaswini Malukar
3. Ponticulus posticulus of the atlas vertebrae National Journal of medical research, Dr.Ojaswini Malukar,Dr.Vipul Prajapati,Dr.S.K.Nagar,Issue 2,2011,Oct-Dec,51-53
4. Types of talar articular facets and morphometric measurements of the human calcaneus bone, National Journal of medical research, Nagar SK, Malukar Ojaswini, Kubavat Dharati, Gosai SR, Andani RH, Patel Bhaskar,Volume 2, Issue 2 ,Apr – June 2012,129-132
5. Palmar dermatoglyphics in patients of thalassemia major ,National Journal of medical research, Andani Rashida H, Kubavat Dharati, Malukar Ojaswini, Nagar S K, Uttekar Kanan, Patel Bhaskar,Volume 2│Issue 3│,July – Sept 2012, 287-290
6. Study of angle of humeral torsion in subjects of gujarat region of india, National Journal of medical research, Patel shilpa, kubavat dharati, malukar ojaswini, nagar sk, parikh jyoti, ganatra dimple,Volume 2 Issue 2 ,Apr – June 2012,207-210
7. A study of sacralisation of fifth lumbar vertebra in Gujarat ,National Journal of medical research, Kubavat Dharati, Nagar SK, Malukar Ojaswini, Trivedi Dipali, Shrimankar Paras, Patil Sucheta,Volume 2 Issue 2 ,Apr – June 2012,211-213
8. Variations in the Morphological appearance of the Coronoid Process of Human Mandible,National Journal of medical research, Dr.Vipul Prajapati,Dr.Ojaswini Malukar,Dr.S.K.Nagar,Issue 2,2011,Oct-Dec,64-66
9. Enhancing Histology Slide Identification Skills of 1st Year Undergraduate Medical Students.
National Journal of medical research, Dr. Prabhakaran, Dr. Anil kumar Bathija, Dr. Vipul Patel, Dr. Piyush Solanki,Vol. 3(4),2012 ,Sept. Oct,61-64
10. Population Having Squatting Habits- Showing Quadriciptial ,Groove on The Upper End of The Tibia.
Global Journal for Research Analysis, Dr. Dipak S. Howale, Dr. Dr. Anil Bathija, Dr. Sudarshan Gupta, Dr. D.P. Pandit,Vol. 3(1),2014,Jan.,29-32
11.Correlation between Cranial Index and Foramen Magnum Index in Human Dried Skull.Global Journal for Research Analysis, Dr. Dipak S. Howale, Dr. Anil Bathija, Dr. Sudarshan Gupta, Dr. D.P. Pandit
Vol. 3(1) 2014,Jan.,33-36
12 In relation with Evolutionary Development- the Study of Differences between the Chimpanzee Thumb and the Human Thumb.International Journal of Scientific Research, Dr. Dipak S. Howale, Dr. Dr. Anil Bathija, Dr. Sudarshan Gupta, Dr. D.P. Pandit,Vol. 3(12),2014,Feb.,30-33
13. Ultrasonic measurement of normal splenic size in infants and children in Paediatric Indian population
WHO-HINARI, ind MEDICA, CAB abstract, index Copernicus, international, Tanna Nita A, Ambiye M V
Tanna Vilpa A Joshi Himanshu A,National Journal of Community Medicine,Volume 3,Issue 3,July – Sept 2012,529-233
14. Ultrasonic measurement of splenic size of normal & comparison with various medical disorders involing spleen in Paediatric Indian Population. DR Nita A Tanna , DR M Vmbiye, DR Vilpa A Tanna DR Himanshu A Joshi,NJIRM; Vol. 3(4).,September – October-2012,65-72
15. The role of unknown risk factors in Myocardial Infarction . IJBAR, Nita Tanna, Rakesh Srivastava,VilpaTanna,HetalVaishanni, ,Vol-4(6),2013,430-434
16. A Goniometric study of radial and ulnar deviation of wrist joint in the Population of Central Gujarat.
IJBAR, Hetal V Vaishanni,Savita H. Godekar,Samta Gaur,Nita A Tanna,Vol-4(6),2013,376-381
17. Age wise distribution of coronary artery disease risk factors.International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health, Nita A Tanna,,Rakesh Srivastava,
VilpaTanna, Vol 2 , Issue 4,2013 ,953-954
18. Assessment of bone health status and its risk factors in under privileged tribal and rural elderly of Godhra and Vadodara district. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health Nita A Tanna,Rakesh Srivastava,,VilpaTanna, Vol 3 , Issue 9 (Online First),2014
19. Anatomical variation in position, direction, and number of nutrient formina in clavicles. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health Nita A Tanna,Vilpa A Tanna, Vol 4 , Issue 3 (Online First),2015,1-3
20. Study of Sutures: Anatomical Variations in the fusion of the Sutures. International journal of Recent Trends in Science And Technology, Divyesh Kapadia, Ajay Rathva, Dharati M Kubavat,Shaileshkumar K Nagar, Vol-8,Issue-2,2013,94-99
21.Study of Styloid process: Anatomical Variations in Length,Angulation and Distance between the Two Styloid Processes. International journal of Recent Trends in Science And Technology, Dr. Ajay Rathva,Dharati M Kubavat,Shaileshkumar K Nagar,Vol-8,,Issue-2,2013,109-112
22. Morphometry analysis of occipital condyles with occipitalization of atlas vertebrae. Med pulse- International Medical journal,
Dr. Ajay Rathva, 2014
23. Morphometry & sexual dimorphism of human skull foramen. Med pulse- International Medical journal.
(2015), Dr. Ajay Rathva, Dr. Kalindi Shah 2015
24. Study of variations in fifth metatarsal bones-articular facets and nutrient foramina. International journal of Integrated Medical Research, Dr. Kalindi Shah,Vol-2,2015, Jan.
25. Study of variations in first metatarsal bones-articular surfaces and nutrient foramina. International journal of Integrated Medical Research, Dr. Kalindi Shah, Dr. Ajay Rathva ,Vol.1(3), 2015, Apr.
26. A study of variations of Talar facets on calcaneum in the state of Gujarat, India, MedPulse- International journal of anatomy, Dr.Kalindi Shah,Dr. Anil Bathija,Dr. Jigna Parmar.,Vol 9 (2),Year 2019,Pg 33-36
27. Fusion of thoracic vertebrae : an anatomical study and clinical analysis- international journal of integrated research in medical science and technology, International journal of research trends in science and technology, Dr.Jigna Parmar, Dr.BhavikaPanchal
July 2015, 15(3):576-580,
28. Morphological study of placental changes in anemia with it’s clinical significance, International journal of Pharma science and research, Dr.BhavikaPanchal,Jigna Parmar,Vol 5(12),Year 2016;Page: 2588-2591
29.Attitude and reaction of 1st year medical students toward cadaveric dissection, International journal of research in medicine, Dr. Sanjay Vikani,Dr. Jigna Parmar,vol 5 (4), Year 2017,Page: 88-91
30. A morphometric study on distance between spine, suprascapular notch and spinoglenoid notch of scapula, Med Pulse- International journal of anatomy, Dr. Jigna Parmar,Dr. NilamMeghatar,Vol 9 (2),Year 2019,Pg 24-27
31. A study of variations of Talar facets on calcaneum in the state of Gujarat, India, Med Pulse- International journal of anatomy, Dr.Kalindi Shah,Dr. Anil Bathija,Dr. Jigna Parmar,Vol 9 (2),Year 2019,Pg 33-36
32. A cadaveric study of variations in renal artery, International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research, Dr.Jigna.K.Parmar*1, Dr.Subhash Gujar2, Year 2012,Vol: 03 (11), Page: 815-817 ,
33. A study of variations of sciatic nerve , Indian journal of Applied Basic Medical Sciences, Dr. Jigna Parmar, Dr. SavitaGadekar, Year 2013,Vol 15 (20),Page: 141-142
34. A correlation between femoral neck shaft angle to femoral neck length, International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research Dr.Subhash Gujar1*, Dr.Sanjay Vikani2, Dr.Jigna Parmar3,IJBAR (2012) 03(11), 815 -817
35. Study on sacralisation of lumber vertebra. Indian journal of Applied Basic Medical Sciences, Dr.GadekarSavita*, Dr.Parmar Jigna, Year 2013,Vol 15 (20),Page: 118-124